March 14, 2009

Yemenite Inspired Embroidered Necklace

Not so long ago, I've created my Ancestral Expressions embroidered cuff and wasn't very pleased with the way it came out. I needed to practice my bead embroidery work. I was really upset back then, after spending so many hours working on my cuff (which intended to enter the EBW challenge, but didn't) but with the encouragement and advice, given to me by a very dear friend, who is a talented bead artist, I decided to try to create another Yemenite inspired embroidered piece.

Well, not that it was easier for me this time... bead embroidery is a difficult task for me, for some reason, and I had some trouble finding the right materials, but leaving it unfinished wasn't an option.. I just had to bring life to a new Yemenite style piece! :)
I had a general idea for a start and the rest just came up with the progress.. And I really love how it came out! I think the embroidery work is not bad; It's a bold necklace, in one of my favorite color combination and it has the Yemenite elements that I really love in it...What could I possibly want more? OK, I wish it would have taken me less than the 30 something hours it took me to create it, but hey!, I managed to finish it without any major disasters, and that's the important thing..
I can't wait to show it to my mother, to hear what she thinks of it. I hope she likes it as much as I do...





27 comments:

  1. This is marvellous! Everything, choice of colour, beads.... wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sabine! I am really in love with this one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so ... beautiful and ... ancestral ! I love your beadwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - looks like it is from an ancient civilization. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantásico, una verdadera obra de arte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the color and the silver you added. It also gives off a Native American feel, and would go over big in Santa Fe, let me tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an incredibly beautiful work!!!!
    I want it for meeeeeee!
    Brava, I love your works and your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece is totally museum worthy...absolutely a masterful piece of art...stunning...:))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your nice comments, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This necklace reminds me of either Southwest or Mayan art.It's really a nice piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Smadar to see this new design so late. I had no idea you had posted, I've been lost in my own little world.

    Wow, I'm so glad you are making more Yemenite inspired designs. It looks fantastic!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Louise, thanks and many more thanks for your encouragement! I am not sure I would have succeeded to complete another one of this style without your support.. ((Hugs)) and take care!!!

    Thanks Gregorio, I think you are right - there are similar elements..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is an impressive, bold necklace! I can't even begin to imagine how you make it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Amy, it did took me a lot of time and effort to complete it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much, sari and Victoria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! The color combination and styling is incredible. I also agree with Storybeader--this would do well in Santa Fe.

    erika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, nico design & uniquecommodities! :)

    ReplyDelete