March 09, 2009

Temptation Dance - EBW March Challenge

Etsy BeadWeavers March challenge theme was Temptation. Please visit the EBW Blog, between now and the 15th, pick your favorite and vote for it. There are fabulous 35 entries, each and every one of them is unique and interesting - real eye candies, so don't miss out! Your comment is also very appreciated. My entry is number 33 on the list.

I named my necklace "Temptation Dance", as I had an image of a man in black and a woman, wearing a hot-red dress, dancing a sensual, seductive Latin dance. I designed the necklace in one continuous line, curling and alternating black and red in the pendant. That part - the pendant, took me 5 or 6 hours of trials and failures, before I was satisfied with the way it turned out. I was so frustrated and almost wanted to give up on the idea, simply because I thought I won't be able to finish it before the deadline. But I did, at almost the last minute, and I'm pretty much satisfied with how it came out. I just need to learn from my own past experience (it was the same with my Yuki Onna challenge necklace) not to postpone working on my challenge piece.. :D It takes some time and it's challenging enough just finding the idea for my entry, and I'm not always good at working under deadlines.. especially if it's something I haven't tried before and it usually is.. :)






11 comments:

  1. This is so elegant, I love it! good luck for the challenge
    Bye from Italy Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful design, and I can really see your motivation.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. great looking necklace - like your red line on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant - and I can see the flamenco dancer's skirts swirling as she and the guitarist tell their story...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Good luck in the challenge.
    Happy beading!

    ReplyDelete