July 09, 2010

EBW Challenge - Secret Garden

Voting on the Etsy BeadWeavers July Challenge, themed Secret Garden, has begun and will last until July 15th. Please visit the EBW blog to view all 24 beautiful entries and vote for your favorite.



My entry, number 3 on the poll, is the necklace shown in my previous post. My inspiration for this necklace came from the mysterious gardens of Pandora, as seen in the movie Avatar, and from the beautiful, unusual shapes and colors of the plants in this garden.



13 comments:

  1. Fantastica!!! Anche i colori mi piacciono da morire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said before no words! I will say that it was nice (for me) to hear that you need to restart things I do it all the time and chalked it up to being new! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing your necklace, I remember Pandora. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much all!

    Kristen, I restart almost every project I am working on, at least once...LOL I think it's an important part of the designing process, as as much irritating as it may be, it helps you find new ways to improve the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Smadar. This is truly beautiful.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work! I gave my vote to you, and I'm sure you'll get one of the first places!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, Szikati, both for your comment and vote! Even if I don't get to first places, it's still fun participating in these challenges, as it pushes me to think and create something within some limitation, rather that just creating what I like.. it's different approach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smadar, did I forget to tell you how amazing again this piece is impressing me??? And on the top in MY colour...
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete